This project is read-only.

New feature request

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:23 AM

hey dude, I really like your tool! It's very useful! =D I would like to see these 2 things in a new version of sprite vortex!

- importing of sprite sheets larger than 7000 x 7000

- ability to set offset to the top, bottom, middle, southeast, southwest, northeast, and northwest corners of a sprite

thanks for all your hard work and have a happy new year!!!

-

Jan 1, 2011 at 6:14 PM
Edited Jan 1, 2011 at 6:16 PM

- importing of sprite sheets larger than 7000 x 7000

ok! will be in next release ! I've put a limit of 2048x2048. But the modern cards now should support much more than that so i'll se if i can put a mechanism to detect max texture size of video board

- ability to set offset to the top, bottom, middle, southeast, southwest, northeast, and northwest corners of a sprite

this is already planned for next release but thanks for reminding me !

I'm just waiting for the new release of a dependency of Sprite Vortex, Vortex2D engine, to release the next version. So the next version should be out in the first quarter of this month, don't know exactly when , thanks !

Any other suggestions just tell me :)

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:32 AM

thanks a million dude!

1 more

please add the ability to use onion skin while an animation is playing

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:41 PM

OK, noted :)

Jan 12, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Hi Rafael,

first of all thanks a lot for your very very AWESOME tool!

Please .. i'm waiting too the new features that jackiechann ask you!

let know .. when you do these new features.

Thanks a lot!!

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Thanks! The features are implemented ! Now i'll just test everything and release the new version :)

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Just built a release candidate for Version 1.4 on source code !. Did not released the binaries yet because i'm not sure it's stable enough because this version has many changes. And together with the features you requested i added support for packing (compressing) the sprite sheet. If you can you can just download the source and build it . I'll release the binaries a bit later. 

Jan 16, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Congrats Rafael,

I've tested SpriteVortex 1.4 RC and I can definitely say: "It feels different. It works much better".

Regarding texture size: _drawingDevice.Info.MaxTextureWidth / MaxTextureHeight it helps to avoid untrusted texture sizes. Most of modern cards supports 8096x8096 :) Some even 16384x16384

What about SpriteVortex animation importer for Vortex... How do you see this? (in point of view of resource bundles).

P.S. I recommend to you to set x86 platform for Debug and Release. It is because .NET can't detect automatically platform for all of components. But Vortex.Win32DirectX.dll is x86 only and on x64 machines AnyCPU causes crush.

Jan 16, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Edited Jan 16, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Thanks!

Yeah i put the code to use drawingDevice.Info to get max texture size ! Much better !

Well i saw that Vortex already has importer for SpriteList and SpriteGrid.  The SimpleSpriteAnimation accepts a ISpriteCollection. I can't figure right now how would be the importing from Sprite Vortex... The ideal way would be to get SimpleSpriteAnimation class , and make it so that it can be initialized directly from resources, from a SpriteList resource , or a SpriteGrid resource or a Sprite Vortex resource , don't know how this could be named... or initialized the old way, getting a ISpriteCollection. What are your ideas of how to use it ? Animation.Load(resource.Get<SpriteVortexAnim>("animation")) ? Let me think better about this...

OK, i'll set to x86 then :)

This new version presents an important feature: Spritesheet Packing. So i have some more tests to do before release. But i'm impressed that till now it seems to be working ok :)

Another thing i plan for next version is dropping the use of Krypton and use normal Winforms... It'll become less fancy but i hope much faster...

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Hi Rafael,

i'm awaiting "restless" for your latest fixes ! :)

Thanks for your work!

Jan 27, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Yeah man so am I ! It's because i found a problem related to the back-end engine, Vortex2D so i'm waiting it to be fixed so that i can release it : ) I only hope this will be the last problem :)

Jan 27, 2011 at 9:30 PM

All of known issues seems to be resolved. You can checkout and build latest version of Vortex2D.

Jan 28, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Nice! Now i can release 1.4 !

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Now something is not clear to me : "ability to set offset to the top, bottom, middle, southeast, southwest, northeast, and northwest corners of a sprite". What offset here means. Because on Sprite Vortex offset is used to correct the frames position on animations to prevent animation "jumping". But offset in some contexts means origin too , in this case not related to animation but to control draw position origin and rotation pivot etc. So what exactly do you mean by "offset" in your context ? If it's the first option it's useless. It only has meaning if it's the second option. In this case i would have to add another variable "origin" together with the already existing "offset" ?

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:01 AM

2nd option.

Jan 29, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Ok, thanks for the clarification  ! 

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:12 PM

thanks for the new update. I appreciate your hard work and dedication to this project!

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:55 AM

Thanks! Programming tools to help others (and myself :D) making games is one of my biggest pleasures : ) So Sprite Vortex will always be open for improvements : )

Jul 6, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Hi Rafael,

thanks for the software! Is awesome, save my nerves and work time at many times!

And my requests are:

1) Color of selected frameS as Red (Or expand the border width).

2) Leave the highlighting after adding Frame to anim-bucket (Sometimes gonna hard to find where was you stop at last time).

3) And at last, some kind of "Land lasso" to snap selected areas to the main rectangle. Preview here:

Photobucket

With best regards,

Linda MacGill

Jul 7, 2011 at 9:34 PM

You already can add single pixels to the rectangle they belong to.

Just click on the rectangle, hit DEL.

Then hold LeftControl and RightMouseButton and draw the new rectangle that encompasses all parts of the frame.

It will auto-shrink to the perfect size (and of course contain all parts of the frame).

In the documentation it's called sprite markup.